Thursday, June 28, 2012

Newish Kitchen :) caution video may cause motion sickness

Newish Kitchen :) caution video may cause motion sickness Video Clips. Duration : 3.35 Mins.


So some will say ho hum, whats the fuss about but I'm super pleased with it. I don't like fussy, perfect or too "new". I like things that have a hand to them thus my love of old quirky homes and their character aka imperfections. Taking a bit of history and reworking it is my favorite way to live. So that's the back story of the kitchen. The start was a ceiling leak from the bathroom pipe above. Had to remove the old acoustic tiles to repair wich led to new ceiling, install of pot lights and crown moulding. Then paint of trim/wall and new floor. There was a slight grade differential between kitchen and laundry/mud room which we were able to eliminate. Then we added new appliances since ours were circa 1980 and the home by the way 1917. We didn't move walls or replace cabinetry just stuck with what we had and swapped out hardware and hinges. Oh and we replaced the formica butcher block look countertops with corian after much research and debate. I love the deep sink bowls and the cut outs from the sink and stove top that can be used to cover the sink (think more counter space and hiding dirties, not that I can handle dirty dishes around). Also using them a bit as back splashes at the moment. I've had people suggest removing the hinged counter extension and island but my response is no flipping way...too functional :P Decor wise we traded places with the red cupboard and wooden bench and took out the 2 iron counter stools we previously had in the kitchen. The biggest ...

Tags: flipshare

No comments:

Post a Comment